About the Course
Qualification Number: 600/7044/4
The Edexcel BTEC First Award in Hospitality has been developed as an intensive programme that engages students that wish to develop skills within the hospitality industry. We deliver the qualification as part of our long-term alternative education programmes which can help students take their first steps towards a career in events, catering, or accommodation. Learning essential independent skills such as planning and running an event, preparing, and serving food and drink, and delivering first-class customer service allows students to achieve and focus on other areas of study within the chosen curriculum. BTECs are delivered at a variety of levels and are equivalent to GCSEs. The programme is designed to;
- Encourage personal development of knowledge and skills relevant to the hospitality world through practical participation in a range of vocational activities
- Give learners a wider understanding and appreciation of the broad range of hospitality specialisms through selection of optional specialist units
- Encourage learners to develop their people, communication, planning and team working skills
- Give opportunities for hospitality employees to achieve a nationally recognised level 1 or level 2 vocationally-specific qualification
- Give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the hospitality sector or to progress to other vocational qualifications, such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Business
- Give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
For Further information please use the following hyperlink to access the Edexcel’s BTEC First Award in Hospitality.